Tuesday, May 10, 2011

seat of the Fiat and thought about nothing.Yes. Ive seen your Tenente.

 I waked the orderly and he poured mineral water on the dressings
 I waked the orderly and he poured mineral water on the dressings. We both went flat and with the flash and bump of the burst and the smell heard the singing off of the fragments and the rattle of falling brick. and things went very badly. You should go to Rome.No. there was the smell of marble floors and hospital. the gas mask in an oblong tin can. Do you suffer much Have a drink. They blew him all to bits. Get some more of that Antitetanus. They were afraid. He came in very fast and bent down over the bed and kissed me.

 Now everything is arranged.I like him.Its way out.The whole thing seemed to run better while I was away. Those postcards would be very fine in America; strange and mysterious. wont youWhat the hell. It ought to be good. Name he asked softly.How did you happen to do that Why didnt you join up with usI dont know.He was a very nice boy. I wore a real one and felt like a gunman until I practised firing it.Ill get some.

 I said. The cars would be all right with their good metaltometal brakes and anyway. It is one for The Lancet.Goodnight.I will go and see. So I went to the jail. I am positive you will get the silver. He ought to be able to do something. Still I would probably have been killed. The tall English driver came around and looked in. Its a Saint Anthony.Yes.

Yes. chilblains. wont you She looked up at me.No. Dont be a bloody hero. We in the auto ambulance cannot even realize at all how bad it is.This isnt a deep dugout. It is very informative.No. We sat on the ground with our backs against the wall and smoked. Back at the villa I went upstairs to the room. It is with them the war is made.

I stopped to ask if you were better. Maybe she would pretend that I was her boy that was killed and we would go in the front door and the porter would take off his cap and I would stop at the concierges desk and ask for the key and she would stand by the elevator and then we would get in the elevator and it would go up very slowly clicking at all the floors and then our floor and the boy would open the door and stand there and she would step out and I would step out and we would walk down the hall and I would put the key in the door and open it and go in and then take down the telephone and ask them to send a bottle of capri bianca in a silver bucket full of ice and you would hear the ice against the pail coming down the condor and the boy would knock and I would say leave it outside the door please. blunt-nosed ambulances.You love Italy Rinaldi asked Miss Ferguson in English. The road was screened because it was in sight of the Austrians across the river. To the silver medal. As far as I could make out the last mile or so of the new road where it started to level out would be able to be shelled steadily by the Austrians.Have you ever loved any oneNo.Hes an American. Sculpture had always seemed a dull businessstill. baby.Goodnight.

 It isnt me that makes fun of him. I said.They cant do anything.Wonderful.You are so modest.Rinaldi went out with me. the dust rising from the wheels and going off through the trees. The major got up from the telephone.A big shell came in and burst outside in the brickyard. I wished to God it was over though.How are you. unbuttoned the shirt collar and dropped him in under the shirt.

I see.You are so modest. For two weeks now they havent changed them.Some troops went out.We two were talking while the others argued. dusty and tired.Sure. poured out into the glass held with the same hand; after this course. Rocca ignored this and went on to explain the joke to me.I will get it for you. Manera said he hoped it would come before the bombardment started. Im sorry for your head.

 Is there anything youd like to talk aboutBut I do love you. was my age. baby.Very.You. It is a successful coup de main. and things went very badly. you see.Ca va bienCa va.Priest today with girls. He had not felt bad but now the shoulder had stiffened. I knew it.

 In a moment the blanket in front of the dressing station opened and two stretcherbearers came out followed by the tall Englishman. We do get along.I stopped in front of the Villa Rossa.I sat in the reception hail of the villa. My hand went in and my knee was down on my shin. go get a corkscrew. I dont go there any more. Oh oh oh oh. The two captains took off their coats. she said. The road was screened because it was in sight of the Austrians across the river. He bit his arm and moaned.

 the orderly said.The whole thing seemed to run better while I was away. No blood brother and roommate. father. mama Mia I pulled and twisted and got my legs loose finally and turned around and touched him. He had always known what I did not know and what. I came back the next afternoon from our first mountain post and stopped the car at the smistimento where the wounded and sick were sorted by their papers and the papers marked for the different hospitals. I will. and the argument went on. shes very nice.That doesnt matter. I gave them each a package of cigarettes.

The driver came out of the door with the papers for the wounded in the car. They will love you like a son. Its a Saint Anthony. poured out into the glass held with the same hand; after this course.Savoia. marched as though they were six months gone with child. Im sorry for your head. You are my great and good friend and financial protector. I wished we had a Napoleon. There is nothing as bad as war. he pointed to the thumb.You think notNo.

In the ward at the field hospital they told me a visitor was coming to see me in the afternoon. I saw arched stone bridges over the river where tracks turned off from the road and we passed stone farmhouses with pear trees candelabraed against their south walls and low stone walls in the fields. For stupidity. The priest shook his head and went on. They have their own country. Thats all over for a while. and the argument went on. Manera said. Halfway through the wine I did not want any more. I wish that I was with the British.I washed. were on the trunk.

 and he came from Amalfi.Im not. the broken houses of the little town that was to be taken. major. I knew that I was hit and leaned over and put my hand on my knee. There isnt always an explanation for everything.That is not good.I washed. bound in leather. without embarrassment. You will be decorated. The Italian salute never seemed made for export.

 After some more wine I told the story of the jockey who found the penny.Shall we sit here or go out in the gardenLets go out. We two stopped talking and the captain shouted. Sometimes all niceness gone and glad to get out on the street but always another day starting and then another night. The priest shook his head. The road climbed steeply going up and back and forth through chestnut woods to level finally along a ridge. I will give you the addresses of places in Naples. They took off my trousers and the medical captain commenced dictating to the sergeant adjutant while he worked. Are you coming to nightNo. I sat in the high seat of the Fiat and thought about nothing.Yes. Ive seen your Tenente.

No comments:

Post a Comment